School Health Policy
As a response to growing concerns for the health safety of students and teachers, the following policies will be in place throughout the school year, until/unless a law is passed that requires them to be changed:
- Parents are free to decide the level of protection for their children regarding masks, face shields, protective gloves, etc. MLA will not force the wearing of any such gear.
- Any child who is running a fever should be kept home. Unless the child is extremely sick, their daily work will be expected to be completed.
- If any member of the family tests positive for any contagious disease, the MLA student must work from home for a minimum of one full school week to help prevent exposure to others.
- Students will be required to practice good personal hygiene while at school.
- All school surfaces will be sanitized daily.
We are concerned not only with our students physical well-being but also their emotional and mental well-being. We expect parents to notify the school if there is any concern regarding illness or exposure to illness. By working together and keeping an open, honest dialogue, we can ensure a safe and healthy academic environment.